[Healeys] Works Healeys on New DVD

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Works Healeys on New DVD
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:55:18 +1000
I have yet to receive my copy but I am reliably informed that on Bill
Emerson's  recent DVD of rare Healeys (shown in The Healey Book) shows
the last, and one of the rarest Healeys that few people outside
Australia have seen in the flesh and even fewer have seen it being
driven. Robert Harrison participated in a parade at a Sydney race
circuit ( since closed and now a housing estate ) on a day celebrating
the specials and works cars built by the Donald Healey Motor Co.
This car is the SR/ XR.37 which raced at LeMans with a Coventry Climax
V8 in the rear with a coupe body in 1968 & 69 and was then modified to
be an open roadster when the roof was removed. At the same time for the
1970 LeMans 24 Hour race it was fitted with a F.1 style Repco-Brabham V8
originally based on the alloy Oldsmobile V8

Joe