Re: [Healeys] Seat Cushion Depth

To: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seat Cushion Depth
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:55:58 -0400
Robert,

Sounds like the part that really doesn't fit well is you. <grin>

There will unlikely be any exploded view of the bottom seat cushion, but you
and I have already had this converstion. You are saying that the cushion is
too tall for you, or you for the cushion. The seat cushions you have there
are the correct unladen height. However, they are made of a moulded closed
cell foam that doesn't allow the compression of the originals which were a
live latex rubber. The originals had an under side middle section of  square
relief cut-outs looking quite like a waffle pattern, causing more "give" in
the middle portion while the outer U shaped perimeter bolster  retained the
firmer support to keep you in the cushion.
Many people have taken a hole saw and carefully relieved the middle portions
by cutting a series of patterned holes up from the underside of the cushion
foam, being caerful not to go too deep. This can help a lot with the height
of the cushion once your weight is on it.

Rich Chrysler

You wrote:<snip>
I found a part that doesn't really fit well!