[Healeys] 100 heater rebuild

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 100 heater rebuild
From: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:53:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I will be rebuilding the 56 100 BN2 Heater while the car goes to paint (soon,
sigh!)  Are there any recommendations on which black wrinkle paint to use
and/or how to apply it.

I looked in the archives without luck but found some information via google, on
the antique radio sites and this mg dash repair article which advices
Plasti-Kote 217 Wrinkle Paint, Black Wrinkle

http://www.mgexperience.net/article/wrinkle-paint.html

The rheostat is in a sorry state (wound resistor ok but metal housing rusted) I
am missing the heater knob and the little badge, if you know where I can find
these let me know.

thanks,

Bert
56 100 BN2