Re: [Healeys] Girling brake boost ratio

To: <bspidell@comcast.net>, <kags@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Girling brake boost ratio
From: andy pole <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:06:03 +0000
Earl, Bob

Has made me wonder as well.

I had my original bj8 girling mk2a booster rebuilt by Past Parts lts here in
the uk.

The test figures they supplied for the rebuilt unit are:

primary

bar = 20

vacuum = 24

boost = 3:1

secondary

bar = -

inhg = -

bar = 58

These figures show the boost is stated as 3:1 and the difference in pressure
readings on primary and secondary (bar) are more like a ratio of 2.9:1

I believe the later girling mk2b had varying ratios from 2.75:1 and 2:1 with
the powerstop at 1.5:1

Have not tested mine on the road as still dont have the prop shaft fitted.

hope this helps

cheers Andy

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN.

http://extras.uk.msn.com/internet-explorer-8/?ocid=T010MSN07A0716U