Re: [Healeys] hubs .. splines

To: <sjnnock@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] hubs .. splines
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:00:49 -0400
Yes it does happen.    My first LBC lost a right front wheel for that exact
reason.   The PO informed
me that it was normal to have to tighten them up once a week.  That was
1975 and I'm still alive.
Thank the lord I was just taking a right hand turn and not at any serious
speed.  That day the front
wheel went farther than my car.   If I only new then what I know now I would
have offered 300 dollars
and not 600.00 for the car.    But don't tell any one that I never did
change that hub,  just the wire wheel.   Thank you  JC  Whitney for at least
getting me a good used wheel.

Mark