Re: [Healeys] hubs .. splines - autotightening

To: "'Steve B. Gerow'" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] hubs .. splines - autotightening
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:03:52 -0400
If one would care to look up the original Rudge Whitworth patent for splined
knock off wheels one would learn that they are indeed designed to self
tighten.
However driving a long distance in reverse or putting them on the wrong side
can have the opposite effect...:-)Good explanation here
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/wire-wheels-tightening.shtml

Michael Salter
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=445