[Healeys] Brake Problems Continue

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Brake Problems Continue
From: WILLYS49@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:31:12 EDT
I still cannot get brake pressure on my '59 100-6. I have replaced just
about everything (mc, wheel cylinders, brake shoes, all hoses and rear brake
lines. I do have a few clues that might help. Before I replaced the rear brake
lines and hose, I pinched off the old brake hose and felt pressure on brake
peddle. After I replaced rear hose and the two rear brake lines that I
thought might be leaking, I bled all the air out of lines. Still no luck.
Peddle
immediately goes to floor. Takes about three pumps to feel pressure and
holds but immediately goes to floor with no pressure when released.

I know that the new rear brake shoes are about half the thickness of the
originals and the adjustment cam doesn't seem provide much resistance on drum.
If the brake drums are worn and shoes are thin, could that be the cause of
problem? I'm running out of ideas and parts to replace (not to mention
summer is coming to an end).

Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Eric