Re: [Healeys] Heritage Panel Install

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Heritage Panel Install
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:06:25 -0400
Mark,

I think Rich got all your questions, but FYI, the thin bottom panel that
goes on the bottom of the door pocket is actually attached to the lower door
pocket panel on my BT7.  These are the original door pocket panels.  The
attachment is just with the vinyl covering, which acts as a hinge, so I
would suggest that the 3" of vinyl you have hanging off the bottom is for
the thin narrow panel and that this panel was originally glued to that
"extra" vinyl.  Does that make sense?

I only have experience with my car so others such as Rich or Peter Svilans
will know better if this is how they all are.

I concur with Rich that you have to bow that top panel a fair bit to get the
thing sprung into place - be careful not to break it!

Cheers,

Mirek