Re: [Healeys] Angle Drive BJ 8

To: 63ahbj7 <63ahbj7@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Angle Drive BJ 8
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:25:31 +0200
Good advise, although Smiths in the old days advised lithium grease used
sparingly. I have always used EP90 copiously as I did not know any
better untill recently. Luckily I never had any mishaps on various old
Brits.
Graphite powder is a good lubricant for lots of applications, many of
which are usely serviced with either grease or oil, e.g.: the sliding
driving gear of the starter motor, the splines of the primary shaft of
the gearbox on which the clutch plate slides, all locks etc. However
before you apply the graphite powder make sure everything is cleaned
using methilated spirits, otherwise it will become a mess.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL