Re: [Healeys] Ran across this one for sale

To: Jean Caron <vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ran across this one for sale
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:27:39 +0800
Jean -

I would disagree a little bit here.  I looked at the pictures pretty close,
and it looks like it's had a somewhat faithful home restoration.  It's not
perfect, but much more faithful and original than most other home
restorations I've seen (my BJ8 included!)

That disc between the carbs looks to be like a fuel pressure regulator,
which many people have put on their cars when using an aftermarket fuel
pump.

I do agree with you on the poor layout and paint of the bulkhead and the
incorrect throttle bushings/mounts.  Would be an excellent purchase for a
daily driver in my book, provided the underside isn't rotted to the core.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8