[Healeys] Whining time, Team.Net updates

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Whining time, Team.Net updates
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:06:51 -0600 (MDT)
Yes, I know that as the fellow behind the curtain who
keeps Team.Net on the air, I do my share of whining.
But the whining here is coming from one of the disks
on the server, a bearing ready to fail in a few days,
a couple of weeks, maybe not until 2010.  Who knows?

Rather than risk a sudden failure, it would be prudent
to consider getting new hardware.  And that is where you
come in.  I didn't have an official fund drive this year,
though donations have come in at random times during the
year.

It seems to be time for those of you who have not
recently contributed to step up and assist in keeping
Team.Net on the air.  If you have a few dollars to spare
and desire to support this endeavor, check out the web
page http://www.team.net/donate.html  I, and thousands
of folks around the planet would appreciate it.  Gee, I
haven't taken an actual count of all subscribers lately,
I ought to do a headcount.

On a related note, I have been doing a few things, like
moving a few more lists from majordomo to mailman.  Back
when I started doing this about 20 years ago majordomo
was the hot ticket.  It is a bit outdated now, mailman is
much more web friendly, hopefully much easier for you
folks to use.  Of course, there are those who still try
to use majordomo to manage their mailman subscriptions,
not much I can do about that!

One thing I did was change the judson list, which was
intended for discussion of classic Judson superchargers
to superchargers@autox.team.net, opening it up for folks
to discuss other brands.  Feel free to go to the mailman
page, http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo to sign up if
you so desire.

Actually I had hoped more folks would sign up for the-local
list, a place for random discussion about all sorts of stuff.
Tell a joke, review a movie, report the antics of your favorite
public idiot, lament the last loss of your team, whatever.

If there is a list you'd like to see, chances are I'd set one
up, no problem.

But for now, consider this an Official Team.Net fund drive,
and assist as you can: http://www.team.net/donate.html

Thanks!

mjb.