[Healeys] TargaNewfoundland 2009-AHX 12: Day 1 (part 2)

To: awgertoo@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] TargaNewfoundland 2009-AHX 12: Day 1 (part 2)
From: awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:24:57 -0400
The moderator makes me keep slicing the message into smaller bits as it is too
long, so here is the next part with one more to follow:

Continued:? "

A month or so ago I began experiencing serious GI problems which were diagnosed
as "C. Diff" and I was prescribed a course of the antibiotic--Flagyl--which
usually provides effective treatment.? After a second course of Flagyl?and then
resort to another antiotic--?Vancomycin--I was still not getting any better and
in fact had a few nights in the hospital simply to deal with the symptoms which
are both unpleasant and painful.? And so a few weeks ago I told Michael that I
thought he should?try to find?another navigator as I could not predict where I
would be medically when it came time to ship out.? This was a tough call for
both of us but I am glad we made it as Michael was able to fiind a local,
experienced navigator to fill the seat and I am?now hospitalized with a
still-undetermined diagnosis.? However I am in touch with Michael and other
personnel and will attempt to give periodic reports on 12's progress as I learn
of things."

Part three of three to follow.

Best--Michael Oritt