[Healeys] Bonneville Healeys

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Bonneville Healeys
From: "gary brierton" <gbrierton@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:38:27 -0400
Mike Schneider and I are on our return trip from Bonneville.  Snow in
Colorado!
The Bonneville Healey Experience  was great!  We had to leave "early" on
Friday so we missed the last runs...thanks to you all for that info.  We agree
that some of Thursday was like watching paint dry.  Earlier, maybe like
watching salt dry.  The radio commentator did not keep us informed.  Overall,
however, the participants and the support teams made the day.  BTW, if you
ever get a chance to talk with the Motorized Street Luge (!) Team or to see
them run, DO IT.
The Healey team was especially helpful and informative, patiently answering
even the most redundant question.   Steve Pike was terrific in answering
questions and letting us look in and over both cars.  There wasn't a question
that Steve tried to dodge.  Bruno was equally gracious.  We both had plenty of
time to visit with Bruno including sitting with him during supper.  Bruno had
an extremely humbled approach to this whole week.  It was obvious that he held
the accomplishments of DMH in the highest regard.  During supper we asked
Bruno what his highest target speed is going to be.  He mentioned that they
will not break DMH's record if they were fortunate enough to get close.  Think
about that for a moment.  He and Steve Pike had the vision to pull all of this
together and spent a kings ransom making all of this possible and yet they
respected DMH's effort so much that they were willing to settle for not
breaking the records.  All they wanted to do was to recreate the event for the
Healey community.  Steve and Bruno have earned the highest respect we can give
them and we owe them  (and the entire team) a tremendous thank you for making
all of this experience possible.

Gary Brierton and Mike Schneider