[Healeys] Carb Leaking- HD8

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Carb Leaking- HD8
From: Bob Johnson <bjsbj8@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:26:25 -0400
Looking at the intersection between the spacer and the manifold I see
a dark brown, gooey, bubbly looking deposit along the top of the
gasket there. I assume that this is air/fuel mixture leaking out, but
I have always (I think) read about any leak like this sucking in air
rather than blowing out. I'm guessing that this is either a very
recent occurrence, but may have been developing over a long period.
Any ideas about how this might effect performance? My mileage is
rather lousy, 15-16 mpg. Is this leak likely related?

Bob Johnson
BJ8