Re: [Healeys] Champions(again)

To: sbyers@ec.rr.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Champions(again)
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:06:27 EDT
In a message dated 9/28/2009 10:16:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sbyers@ec.rr.com writes:

I think  that's why we see some people who were at one
time very frequent  contributors (Michael Oritt, Mike Salter, Gary Anderson,
Roger Moment, Ed  Driver, Olin Brimberry, Jack Aeckerlin, for example) more
or less disappear  from active duty.

Steve--

When I was sorting my 100 out in 1999-2000 I am sure I asked lots of
questions that guys had posted about  and had answered five years  before.  No
one told me to check the archives--either they shared their  experience or
they didn't and I got what I needed and worked things  out--sometimes following
advice and sometimes experimenting on my own.  As  an example gradually I I
worked out my 100's overheating problems, though what  worked for me
obviously did not work for others, no doubt because each car is  different.

I read the list daily and respond when I think I have  something helpful to
contribute.  Though I don't like makig  categorical statements I have no
problems with upgrading components that are  prone to repeated failure and
will readily share that--for example I think  everyone should either replace
the stock cut-off switch with a modern  marine or racing unit or just do
without it--and get rid of that black/white  wire--it really doesn't add very
much security and certainly adds a failure  mode.

I really don't mind reading certain questions (spark plugs, fans,
radiators, fuel pumps, etc) over and over and the very fact that the same
topics
keep coming up tells me that there are simply no universal solutions  for some
problems, but it is still important that we share empiric  observation as
to what works for each of us.

I am never at a loss for an opinion!

Best--Michael Oritt