Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Turn signal mechanism question

To: John Sims <ahbn6@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Turn signal mechanism question
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:53:37 -0400
I think the parts Wes is looking for are only used with the
non-adjustable steering wheel, so Lin's article isn't going to be much help.

I don't have the parts manual you're referring to, but the main part
you're missing is a washer with a bent arm.  The washer goes under the
nut that holds the steering wheel on the column and the bent arm fits in
the 'fork' of the pot metal ring.  The arm is slotted lengthwise.  Can
you describe the other part shown in the manual?

Bob