Re: [Healeys] MOWOG

To: "'Ed Woods'" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, Oudesluys
Subject: Re: [Healeys] MOWOG
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:47:51 +1100
G'day

Yes you are right Ed.

It reminds me of an amusing story of when the first Ford 260ci V8 arrived at
AC to be fitted to the first AC Cobra.

It arrived in a wooden crate with FoMoCo printed all over the box. The AC
workers couldn't work out what FoMoCo meant and assumed that the engines were
built in Japan or China.

How interesting would it have been if the BMC grand poobahs at the time hadn't
knocked back Shelby for an Austin-Healey to play with?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia