Re: [Healeys] 100 Engine rebuild

To: Awgertoo@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net, glemon@neb.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Engine rebuild
From: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 01:27:50 +0100
Hello there,

Yes, I did invest few pounds into Denis Welch enterprises - I hope they
spend it well. :-)

To follow your questions:

1.      I was not actually planning to use any front damper - is there such
a need? I understood it's only necessary on the 3000..
2.      The oil flex line is from DW
3.      The oil pump is new from DW as well
4.      Since it's new, I hope it's proper.. Might it not be??
5.      The pistons are Omega pistons from DW. They sit 0.25mm (+-0.05mm)
below deck. If my calculations are correct, I should be at 1:8.89
compression ratio.
6.      The head is a DW fast road head with their studs, nuts, washers and
head gasket. (I do wonder why the gasket is 10% of the head price..)
7.      The cam is a DWR1 cam

Machine work done:

- block line boring

- cylinder boring

- head decked

- connecting rods bored and checked for being straight

- connecting rods balanced

- crankshaft, flywheel, clutch balanced

I did think about lightening the flywheel, but I was a bit afraid to do so..
I know it's incredibly heavy, but then the engine is a long stroke with
crank supported only on 3 bearings - my machinist was slightly skeptical
about it..

I can't really go back now, as the whole crank & flywheel & clutch are
balanced.

  _____