Re: [Healeys] Wheel lightening on 100

To: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wheel lightening on 100
From: "Thomas Willig" <twillig@ruda.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:07:21 +0100
Hi Tadek,

as said before the lightening of the standard 100 flywheel is the way to go.
If necessary I can send you a picture of my lighned flywheel. Let me know.

The lightening is a very straightforward job, any machine shop can do that. My
only advise is to balance all the individual components of an engine
separately. That means, apart from the crank and balancer, first the "shaved"
flywheel should be balanced alone, then the clutch cover should be fitted and
the balancing repeated, if necessary only "meat" from the clutch cover, not
the flywheel, has to be removed. Doing it that way, you can chance components
(like a new damper or race flywheel etc. etc.) at a later time without
disturbing the balance of the whole assembly. Of course all newly added
components have to be balanced separately before assembly. I did this
individual balancing on another non-Healey engine, and the result is a very
pleasant running engine.

Best regards

Thomas Willig

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----