Re: [Healeys] 100M on ebay?

To: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100M on ebay?
From: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 15:50:42 -0800
Tadek and All,

I have personally looked at dozens of Factory 100M's and back when Bill Wood
had the list of Factory M's he wood confirm those that I found for various
buyers.  I can tell you from personal experience there are several reasons
that the X brace will not be bent on a genuine Facory M.

According to either Roger Menedue, the standing practice at Warwick when the
M's were built was to undo the front engine mounts and then jack the engine
up slightly and then slide the canshaft in, since the X brace was in the
way. However, as the story goes, if Geoff Healey was not in the shop to
supervise, the mechanics would save time and bend the brace to one side
instead.  I believe that this story comes from Reid Trummel via Roger and
possibly Geoff.

I can personally confirm several Factory M's with *NO* bend in the X brace.

I found a car in San Diego some years back and the X brace on first
inspection did not appear to be bent. However when I examined the car
closer, it had been hit at some point in the past in the front and
apparently the body shop, not knowing any better, had straightened the bend
in the X brace when they did the repairs

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
AH Concours Committee

There seems to be an M on ebay - http://tinyurl.com/yhbkvme