Re: [Healeys] 100M on ebay?

To: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>, Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100M on ebay?
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 17:39:07 -0800 (PST)
4 Cylinder Listers,

I am not an M or a LeMans or a Le Mans guy so forgive the optimism here, but
it seems that all could be happy with '100M LeMans or '100M Le Mans', or????
As a Brit and knowing the Brits, I personally doubt that DH et al would have
formalized the name Le Mans as a factory authorised name - cos that if just
too FRENCH.  We all know that history book.
I suspect that the 'M' in Le Mans appealed to describe the spoken kit that
updraded production cars to the basic spec of the cars that ran at Le Mans.
Make sense to anyone?

Surely the multiple Healey books quoting DH et al should clearly show the real
name they used/intended, vs names that enthusiats tend to adopt after the fact
- eg the Ferrari Daytona - there never was a Ferrari Daytona as far as the
factory is concerned - it was simple a Ferrari 356GTB/4 - period.  The fans
gave it the Daytona name[another story]and it stuck permanently.

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  rnbmail@yahoo.com