Re: [Healeys] Made in China

To: "'Richard Kahn'" <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Made in China
From: "Chris Masucci" <csooch1@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 21:29:03 -0600
Rebar?  If a building like that fell over from an earthquake or something in
the USA there would be bent pieces of 2" diameter rebar all over the place.
Looks like they strung it together with baling wire, and didn't even do that
right.  Where are the top to bottom connectors?  Side to side trusses, base
stabilization?  Concrete only works in compression!!

Hacks exist in every country, but this is pathetic. An average freshman
structural engineer could do better.