Re: [Healeys] low compression

To: healeys@autox.team.net, Attean Lake Lodge <info@atteanlodge.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] low compression
From: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 18:13:18 -0800 (PST)
Brad, Does not sound serious - maybe. assuming there are no bad noises and you
have good oil pressure.

Questions:

1.  Has it ever run well before the current problem?
2.  How many miles since the so called rebuild?
3.  What are all the compressions? Should be about 150 plus for a fresh motor.
4.  If only one is low then it could be just stuck rings from prolonged
sitting - solution is wd40 et al into the cylinder for a few days etc.
5.  If all are low it could be cam timing as someone said - valves not closing
correctly.
6.  Air leak into inlet manifold, fuel starvation, et al could be the
problem.

I would suggest a very logical test sequence before taking the head off.

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  rnbmail@yahoo.com