[Healeys] Boot lock update

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Boot lock update
From: S and T Miller <stmiller96@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:29:01 -0500
Thanks to all that assisted.  IT NOW LOCKS!!!  When I had my shop, I would
have never taken the time to pull one apart because it would probably have
been cheaper to buy a new one, and less likely to come back. Working on my own
cars is a different story, saving the money is a good trade off for the time
spent.
What I found was the "nub" on the bottom of the barrel had broken off, and
couldn't lock.  So I drilled a small hole and made a pin to replace the "nub".
Cleaned/ lubed and presto- works great!  Thanks all.

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1964 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
drive."