Re: [Healeys] BN1 Water temp/Oil pressure gauge

To: Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 Water temp/Oil pressure gauge
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 22:14:08 +0100
If it is a black dial new ones can be had for about $150 or less in the
UK. There are plenty about on ebay. A firm that appearantly bought the
manufacturing rights is Caerbont,  http://www.caigauge.com/ . Champagne
coloured dials are harder to get I believe.
Repair can be done by a competent restorer, but some are better than others.
Be always very carefull with the capillary, no kinks no dismanteling.
Always fit tight to the engine and make a few loops between the last
solid mounting from the engine to the bulkhead or wherever it is fixed
to the body.
Kees Oudesluijs