Re: [Healeys] Speaking of tire Pressure

To: bighealey3k@aim.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Speaking of tire Pressure
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:15:36 +0100
Nitrogen is a hype just to earn garages some extra dough. Air consists
of ca. 80% nitrogen. The rest is oxigen and a tiny bit of other gasses
like Co2, CO, NxOy, O3 etc. Just check your tires every month using air.
If clean and kept in their protective casing/bag/pouch many of the old
stick type gauges are quite accurate, but I have not seen those in the
shops for over 30 years. They were crude but rather effective. Much more
accurate than most of the plastic dial type gauges.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL