Re: [Healeys] Tire Pressure

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tire Pressure
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:23:26 -0600
My reading and understanding the primmary benefit of nitrogen is that the
molecules are bigger than oxygen molecules, so you get much less microscopic
"seepage" and pressure stays up longer, maybe not as big a deal to those of
us with a garage full of tools and the ability and inclination to use them,
but for the drive it and only look at it when something goes wrong person
with a modern car maybe a good thing.

Secondly, no oxygen no internal oxydation of the tires/wheels, don't know if
this is that big an issue.

Lastly, I agree with Peter, don;t think most people will notice a differnce
in driving or performance or tire life/wear.

Greg Lemon