[Healeys] Dual Brake System

Subject: [Healeys] Dual Brake System
From: Ron Mitchell <healeyron@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:51:59 -0800 (PST)
While attending Encounter this year I had a leaking Rear Wheel Cylinder cause
a complete Brake Failure while backing out of a downhill parking place at the
Hotel.  The result was $4700 damage to the rear of my MkII BN7 caused by the
Stone Wall that didn't move when I hit it.  I know the first thing your going
to reply is why I didn't use the Parking Brake to stop before hitting the
wall.  I was in the process of doing that when the impact occurred.

I'm
contemplating converting to a Dual Brake system.  My question is has any one
on this list knowledge of a proper dia. and stroke Master Cylinder that will
function on a Healey with Manual  Disc Brake Fronts and  Drum Brake Rears?  I
did see a Healey at Encounter in 2008 that had converted to a Dual System
but wasn't able to find the owner to enquire as to the source for his
components.  I've also heard that someone in Texas has done this but I haven't
been able to find out who.

Any information either off list or on list would
be appreciated.

Ron M.