Re: [Healeys] healey ID tag on ebay

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] healey ID tag on ebay
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:42:00 -0500
Well, it's possible to get a title for a car that shouldn't have one.  There
has been at least one car I know of offered by a well-known restorer at the
Barrett-Jackson auction that was claiming a VIN number that is recorded as
scrapped in the BJ8 registry.  I would assume that he was able to get a
title with that number.

I've never seen a "home-made" replacement VIN tag that looked anywhere near
the factory original.  They are pretty obvious when they turn up, and are
the first thing that make me suspicious of the identity of a car.

Steve Byers
HB8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA