Re: [Healeys] license plate stickers

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] license plate stickers
From: "Len and/or Marge Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:03:53 -0800
Rich:  I Googled "remove+license+plate+stickers".  The suggestions on just
the first page included:  chisel tip Xacto blade; regular hair dryer
(already suggested on List if I recall.  It worked for me on Scotch Tape);
steam plus 3M wax and adhesive remover; GooGone; steam from tea kettle;
Spray & Wash; hair dryer or heat gun plus razor blade; heat plate from
behind.  There would be others in the 224,000 links found.   ;-)

These suggestions pertained to various registration stickers as well as
license plates.

Here is one from me:  If freezing chewing gum on a carpet makes it easy to
remove, what would happen if you froze the licence plate/sticker then tried
to get under it and pry it off?  Would it pop off or break?

It was noted that the adhesive used is designed to thwart theft of stickers
and the stickers are very brittle and tear easily.  Extreme care must be
taken.  I'm sure you already knew that.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031