[Healeys] safety

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] safety
From: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 03:05:35 +0000
for you folks that were around at the time, i can remember the 57 ford's big
advertising push was for safety.  they had the deep dish steering wheel, double
door locks, recessed knobs and guages, and other items i forget.  i believe it
was kind of a bust, and car companies quit pushing safety as much.  it was only
through government action that we got seat belts, padded dashes, etc.  correct
me if i am wrong, but people generally did not want to pay extra for safety
options and it took a while to come around.   hjim