Re: [Healeys] Front Springs

To: PG <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Front Springs
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 22:43:40 +0100
It is a bit higher than the early ones, and for a reason, but still very
low compared with other street going cars. There is very little
clearance and it nearly always looks a mess underneath. The planned
negative camber may lower the front slightly.
Experiment bit by bit, do not change all parts at once and see what
happens as you will not be able to feel which change made an improvement
for you and which did not.
One should not forget that stiffening the suspension also puts heavier
loads on the suspension parts, chassis, body and driver. This may lead
to unforseen fractures and extra wear, especially on an old car driven
in anger.
Cheers,
Kees Oudesluijs
NL