Re: [Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry

To: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:34:01 +0000 (UTC)
Read an article a while back--in Auto Restorer, I think--about the Z. IIRC, the
chassis was based on a Triumph design (think the Z has IRS).

The carburettors were SU copies made under license by Hitachi.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

There is a story, possibly apocryphal, that there were three Austin Healeys in
Japan prior to the introduction of the Datsun 240Z. All were owned by
Datsun... You can snopes it and maybe disprove it, but I still like it.
Bill Lawrence