Re: [Healeys] Rear Hub Issue

To: <eschulz@frontiernet.net>, healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear Hub Issue
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:44:12 +0000
The bearing spacer must stand proud a few thousands in order for the axle
flange to pinch the outer race of hub bearing and hold it tight. Otherwise the
outer race of the bearing will begin to turn and eventually hog out the hole
and ruin the hub.  You must make the measurement with the paper gasket in
place but NOT with the o-ring in place. After assembly, with the o-ring in
place, things should seal up just fine when things are nipped up. Maybe a
gasket is not even needed, but why take a chance?  Richard Mayor