Re: [Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry

To: Greg Lemon <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:43:33 +1100
Don't know about the S500, but we had S600s and S800s here.
The s600 was literally a motorcycle drivetrain fitted to a car body.
Literally.
Chain drive to the rear wheels (not a tail shaft) and an aircooled
engine that revved to 8 or 9,000 rpm. And very little torque.
The S800 had a tailshaft rather than a chain drive, and I think it was
watercooled, but don't quote me on that. They were far inferior to a
Sprite, very Spartan and basic (and that's far more Spartan than a
spridget!!!!)

Sent from my iPhone