Re: [Healeys] 100-6 engine block

To: <geatros@shaw.ca>, healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-6 engine block
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:13:45 +0000
If you bore out a 100-6 block to 3000 specs, you must bore each cylinder
.155". You'll have better cooling allright because you'll have water in the
cylinders. Well, maybe not in every hole, but the cylinder walls be be so thin
that you are sure to encounter leaks. This maybe OK for someone that is
willing to take this chance with a 100-6 street driver, who just happened to
have a set of good used 3000 pistons lying around, but no racer in his right
mind would do such a thing. A racer would start with a 3000 block and bore it
out as much as the rules allow.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon