Re: [Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry- Humour

To: "'Mark LaPierre'" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry- Humour
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:39:11 +1100
G'day Mark

It's not so bad when you know the history behind the Fairlady name.

When Datsun (Nissan) were searching for a name for their new sports car, the
film 'My Fair Lady' was released in cinemas around the world. The CEO of
Nissan was besotted by Audrey Hepburn (SIGH!) in the role of Eliza Doolittle
and decided to call the car after the film.

Better than calling it the Datsun Pygmalion!!!!!!

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia