[Healeys] Grille surround and top cowl queries MkII onwards

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Grille surround and top cowl queries MkII onwards
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:27:08 -0000
Thank you all for your advice. Most of it was very clear and quite a bit of
was contradictory!
I know that I remain unsure on two points which we could probably all do
with having cleared up once and for all. (There are constant questions on
these points in the archives).
1) Do the top tabs of the grille of the grill surround go on top of or
behind the shroud? Mine were on top.
2) Does the top cowl lip go behind the grill surround or on top of it? As I
said in my first mail, the cowl's 3 captive nuts would seem to be redundant
if the cowl was between the surround and the shroud.
(And is it grille or grill?)

Thanks,
Simon.