Re: [Healeys] CA Listers.

To: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>, Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] CA Listers.
From: Jaap Aeckerlin <j.aeckerlin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:12:00 +0100
Well, guys, this is still nothing compared to what is now done in my lovely
country. We now have 'sectional speed control' : cameras are installed over
each lane on motorways spaced, say, 3 miles apart. They scan the number
plate of every passing vehicle and record the times of entering and leaving
of the section. When you are speeding you are leaving the zone too early,
the number plate (and thus the owner) of the vehicle is known and the ticket
is sent to you by mail. There is not one human hand involved in the whole
process. It's not fair!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432