Re: [Healeys] B-J auction Kurt Tanner BN2 just sold for $40k

To: <cnaarndt@gmail.com>, <jobu53@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] B-J auction Kurt Tanner BN2 just sold for $40k
From: scott willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:27:36 -0600
I just spewed my drink through my nose on that last sentence!!! Funny vision
indeed.

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA
59 MGA
66 E-Type FHC

http://www.bgeuroclassics.org
BG Euro Classics Car Club President
Bowling Green, KY

________________________________
ahpowered@hotmail.com; healeys@autox.team.net

> Dan,
>
> I just canceled my trip to Scottsdale to help my buddy sell cars at the
three auctions, BJ, RM and Gooding due to the foul weather.

> I can tell you from personal experience that number one, Barrett-Jackson has
an all no reserve auction, so you turn the title over to them when you consign
your car. It's essentially no longer yours. In years past, if our cars did not
bid high enough, we would buy them back by having a friend who was a bidder
buy the car. HOWEVER, BJ didn't like this so they said you cannot buy back
your own car and if we catch you, which they did, you'll be banned from any
further BJ auctions. Plus you'll be paying both commissions, which will be
about 16%.

> BJ folks are A holes and I wouldn't PI$$ on Craig Jackson's head if it was
on fire

> Curt
>
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 7:22 AM, Dan wrote:
>
> "Prices have dropped like stones. I just watched a 100M at RM go for $45k"
>

> I wouldn't jump to this conclusion right now. So far the Healeys haven't
done

> well but has anyone seen these cars in person? Typically, the first days of
>
> these auctions have the "not so nice cars". I looked at the cars last year
at

> BJ and was suprised at a lot of things I saw, bad panel fit, rock chips,
poor

> or wrong fitting chrome pieces, etc. I have heard that approx 30% of the
cars

> sold at BJ are bought by the original owners because they didn't get to the
>
> dollar level they wanted.
>

> With that said, the big guns are coming out today. Kurt Tanner's shoddy
work

> shop has 2 cars and a nice BJ8 from John Wilson of Healey Lane in Oregon.
Sat