Re: [Healeys] Piston design

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Piston design
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:53:49 -0800
> I developed a theory about nuts, bolts and British machinery.  My theory is
> based on the following facts:

Borg Warner 35 transmission installed in a Volvo:  6 bolts around the bell
housing. Two of which if memory serves had nuts on them.
Borg Warner 35 transmission installed in an XJ 6: 18, count em 18 bolts
around the bell housing. The bottom three bolts on each side had nuts,
washers and lock washers on them.
My Theory?
All British engine designers have a brother in the nut and bolt business.
The Merlin with over 400 unique fasteners would seem to support this.
:-)
Rick