Re: [Healeys] 3000 MK2 Demonstration car Blue Don

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 3000 MK2 Demonstration car Blue Don
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:21:24 +0100
Alan,
The Blue Don (reg. nr. 700 DON) was one of the first production AH3000
MkII's for demonstration/press purposes. There was also a Red Don. The 4
headlamp car was one of a few (3 or 4?) Healey modified MkIII's that
were more or less cut in half and widened by about 4" to accept the 4
liter RR engine that was also fitted in the Austin Princess of the late
60's. They were experimental cars. One (?) of these had the 4 headlamp
treatment, not a pretty sight I agree, the others had normal headlights.
They were very nice cars and probably handled a lot better thean the
standard car. As it was wider it was more comfortable too.
I seem to remember that the 4 headlamp car was recently for sale or sold.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL