Re: [Healeys] Fw: Fw: Our Own BN1

To: "'Dick Matson'" <medlabinc@msn.com>, "'AustinHealey List'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: Fw: Our Own BN1
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:44:54 +1100
G'day Dick

All it is, is some fun with the English language.

If you use the term "concourse Austin-Healey" you really have a car that
people physically walk on or congregate on. If you have a "concours
Austin-Healey" you have a car that is in as new condition or better and is
recognised as such.

It is an incorrect use of the word "concourse" and I must admit it is very
widespread. However one of the beauties of the English language is that it
changes and perhaps in years to come the word "concourse" will become accepted
usage. At the moment it is in error.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia