Re: [Healeys] Reno Red

To: "Bert Van Brande" <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>, "List Healey"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Reno Red
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:26:43 -0600
Bert, I have a quart of the "Restoration Shop" paint from the Autocolor
Library folks, it is Triumph Signal Red, which as I understand was
consolidated by Leyland with Healey Colorado Red to the the same color
sometime in the 70s, not your color, but you asked about the paint.

I have only painted my engine compartment, but the single stage urethane
enamel (I feel the same as you about basecoat clearcoat on older cars, but I
think we are in the minority) the paint lays down smooth and polished up
well in the places I did not get smooth (which I put on me and not the
paint).

But I have not yet painted the exterior of the car yet nor has it sat in the
sun, so cannot speak to UV resistance to fade either.

But I have to say to this point I am pleased with the product and will
probably buy another gallon to finish the car, I was not sure if I would use
the Restoration Shop paint, but am please with the engine compartment, so
will go with it.

Greg Lemon