Re: [Healeys] Original Streamliner

To: "'pennell@cox.net'" <pennell@cox.net>, "healeys@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Original Streamliner
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:38:32 +1100
G'day Keith

Both succumbed to the ravages of the salt and time. They were both also taken
back to the UK where the 100S engined Streamliner morphed into the 200mph
six-cylinder car.

There is an interesting story about when Carroll Shelby visited the Donald
Healey Motor Company looking for a suitable chassis in which to install a V8
engine. He was shown the rusting remains of the salt record cars, but they
were too far gone to be of use.

He was then sent in the direct of BMC and received a rejection there too. Then
he called on the Hurlock brothers at Auto Carrier (AC) and the rest is
history.

Just imagine what it would have been like if the AH chassis wasn't rusted away
or if BMC was more helpful?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia