Re: [Healeys] Seam sealing extent

To: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Seam sealing extent
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:43:12 +0000 (UTC)
Just did this on our BN2. I sealed seams on the top side--cockpit, boot,
etc.--and left them open underneath. The idea is to keep water from seeping in,
going with gravity, on the top and to let it flow out, again, going with
gravity on the bottom. IMO, seam sealer on the underside is like undercoating;
since no sealant is perfect forever the sealer just becomes a means to trap
water.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA