Re: [Healeys] Badges on early "3000s"

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Badges on early "3000s"
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 01:11:48 EST
In a message dated 3/4/10 9:11:23 PM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> I have HBT7L/181... 13-18 march 1959.
> Everything matches on the heritage cert (paint etc..) but every emblem is
> 100/6 not 3000

It wasn't just a matter of badging. Based on the artifacts we've found, it
may be that the marketing folks didn't get around to deciding on the "3000"
name until a few months after production started up. For example, I have a
loose-leaf parts manual where the binder says "100-6 BN7-BT7," but the pages
inside say, in the same script in the same layout, "3000 BN7-BT7" -- Since
there would have been more lead time in preparing the manual covers than the
pages, it looks as if the car went into production intended to be just an
improved version of the 100-6.
In any case, the earliest 150 or so of the BN/BT7s were badges as 100-6s,
but there doesn't seem to be any consistent point of change (for example, the
horn buttons on most early 3000s are actually 100-6 horn buttons, painted
over on the inside to cover up the 100-6.
So there you are.
Cheers
gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html