Re: [Healeys] 100-6 Bonnet

To: mayorrichard@hotmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100-6 Bonnet
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 18:30:31 EST
In a message dated 3/5/10 2:25:39 PM, mayorrichard@hotmail.com writes:

> When I got my BN7 #466 in 1977 it had a 100-6 bonnet with the center
> ridge. I always wondered if it was the original bonnet. Anyone know when the
> factory used up the last of the center ridge bonnets?
>
> Richard Mayor

I don't think anyone is exactly sure when they stopped installing the
ridged bonnets, though we do know for sure that the use of the ridged bonnets
did
overlap the later flat ones (it has to do with the reinforcements in the
six-cylinder hood, and where the prop rod was installed but it's too long a
story for here.) However, there's no recorded instance of a ridged bonnet
being installed on a BN7 or BT7 at the factory. Best likelihood is that you've
got a replacement hood, either sourced from a 100-6 or possibly a spare the
the dealer installed to repair an early accident (maybe even an accident in
shipping, so even the original owner might have received it that way from the
dealer).

Cheers
Gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html