[Healeys] Fwd: BN1 electrical issue - update

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fwd: BN1 electrical issue - update
From: Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 18:37:43 -0500
OK, Doug shares part of the prize. Fuse in wrong - dumb on my part - moving to
fast.

That solved the key issue. Got power into the starter solenoid, but when the
starter button is pushed, there is no juice out of the solenoid to starter.

Fried solenoid?

Randy

Randy Hicks
'56 100M
'55 BN1 Dealer LeMans
'62 BN7 MkII
'65 BJ8
'53 MGTD
Healey100M@gmail.com

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Randy Hicks <Healey100M@gmail.com>
> Date: March 7, 2010 5:14:45 PM EST
> To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
> Subject: BN1 electrical issue
>
> My BN1 developed an electrical issue overnight. Car started and ran fine
Saturday. This AM it would not turn over.

> Ignition light was on faintly even though key was out. Key turned in
ignition didn't make a difference, light stayed on faintly. Turned cut off
switch off, charged batteries, now bright ignition light, juice coming out
both sides of the ignition switch but car will not turn over. When I hit
starter button it  just drains power and doesn't turn over. Key in ignition
doesn't do anything.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html