Re: [Healeys] Fuel Injection Technology

To: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel Injection Technology
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:48:27 +0800
Rick -

I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering.  I know of the various scientific
principles he talks about in the video.  Seems to me there is alot to be
said for the concept, I could see how it does work.  If so, it could be a
good interim solution to getting the US energy independent.

It's no surprise that the car would sound like a diesel motor - in his
system, since the combustion is so fast, fuel injection occurs at maximum
compression (TDC).  This means his motor will mimic the combustion cycle of
a diesel motor (diesels are also designed to combust fuel at TDC).

Your standard petrol motor is less efficient because it has to start burning
the fuel even before it gets to TDC because combustion in a petrol motor
takes time, that's why we have centrifugal advance on our distributors.

With his EFI system you probably wouldn't need any advance on the
distributor.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1